Thursday, January 5, 2017

Writing While in Slug Mode and My Time Travel Romance Series

Sleepy kittyWinter is both a good and challenging time to write. Hibernation calls and chocolate becomes a food group, hot beverages a necessity. My favorite is hot Earl Grey tea, also peppermint. I am not averse to coffee. Caffeine battles the tug to curl up with my drowsy kitties and nap. Occasionally, I succumb, plus we've had a round of plague in the family that set me back.
Despite it all, I'm pleased to say I just submitted the next in my paranormal time travel romance 'Somewhere in Time' series to my Wild Rose Press editor.
Fairy woman walking in the woodsThis latest story, Somewhere My Lady, is a New Adult time travel mystery romance like Somewhere My Love but different.  The novel kicks off my new 'Lady series.' The common theme in all my 'Somewhere' stories is that they open in an old home, so far in Virginia, and then flash back to an earlier era in the same house or somewhere else entirely like the Scottish Highlands.
Old English Manor with red rosesIn Somewhere My Lady, the couple are whisked back and forth between present-day in the elegant colonial home on the James River and its rich past during the American Revolution. The story has mystery, history, ghosts, humor, angst, a lot of paranormal activity, and above all Romance! I'm psyched and look forward to sharing more about it soon. (This is actually a pic of a British manor house, but the best of the James River plantations homes bear a resemblance to one.)
old Victorian homeMeanwhile, I'm at work on the next in my 'Lady' series, which is totally different from the first except that it fits the arching theme in my Somewhere in Time series. This second story takes place in a castle-styled Victorian home in historic Staunton, Virginia, and flashes back to various eras within the span of the house. Another winner, I think. At least, I'm engrossed in the writing. Each of the 'Lady' stories has a strong female lead and hero, and a great supporting cast of characters. I hope you will enjoy them when they take flight later this year.
Door, Old, Fantasy, Halloween, Gothic Style, Mystery, Spooky, Wood, Medieval, Doorway (2)Doors are important in these stories and the question posed is, 'Will you go through that door?'
What awaits you on the other side?
If you haven't read my Somewhere in Time Series, the stories are all available in kindle at Amazon:



No comments:

Post a Comment