Saturday, February 16, 2013

Scottish Time Travel Romance Somewhere My Lass a Free Kindle



Somewhere My Lass Time Travel Romance 2013Today, Saturday the 16th through tomorrow Sunday the 17th, Somewhere My Lass is free in kindle at Amazon. This one time only, so hop on over.
Story Description:
Will Mora and Neil be too late to save a love that began centuries before?’‘The MacDonald comes’ warns Mora Campbell when Neil MacKenzie finds the young Scotswoman lying unconscious at the top of his stairs after he discovers his murdered housekeeper slumped at the bottom. Mora’s claim that she’s his fiancĂ© from 1602 and was chased to the future by clan chieftain, Red MacDonald, through ‘the door to nowhere’ seems utter nonsense. Neil thinks she’s addled from the blow to her head until his life spirals into chaos and the avenging Highlander shows up wanting blood. Mora knows the Neil of the future is truly her beloved Niall who disappeared from the past, but he must also remember. And fast.
Although Niall’s kinsmen believe he’s dead, and Mora is now destined to marry his brother, she’s convinced that if she and Neil return to the past, all will be right. The balance of the present and future are in peril if she marries another, and the Neil of the present will cease to exist. The only problem is how to get back to 1602. An ancient relic, the ultimate geek friend, and a little Celtic magic help pave the way back to the enormous challenge that awaits them. If they’re in time.~
More About The Story Behind Light Paranormal Romance Somewhere My LassYes, it’s time travel with a twist. Somewhere My Lass is the second book in my Somewhere in Time series. Somewhere My Love is the first. The stories in this series adhere to a theme, not a continuation of the characters themselves. That will change, though, with the upcoming sequel to Somewhere My Lass. This was an intriguing tale to weave and quite an adventure. It’s also one I had no intention of undertaking until the vivid dream that led to the startling intro: the hero, Neil MacKenzie, returns home to find his elderly housekeeper lying murdered at the bottom of the winding staircase and a young woman in full Scottish dress slumped at the top. She, however, isn’t dead.

ancient doorAnd that’s all I had to go on at the start of this venture, but was so intrigued I had to learn Neil and Mora’s story and pondered all the clues given in the dream. An old Victorian house, check, I’m very familiar with those; man wearing modern suit, so the story opens in present day, got it, but the young woman came from the past. Scotland’s past. That would take some doing, I concluded, and did my usual obsessive research. I love gleaning more about the past and used an actual feud in 1602 between the MacKenzies and MacDonalds as a jumping off place.

Doors play a big role in my ‘Somewhere in Time’ series. Behind every door lies a secret, an intriguing puzzle to be solved, so these romances are also suspenseful mysteries.

Yes, yes, I’m making strides on the sequel to Somewhere My Lass.

***If you missed it, here’s that Amazon link again.

No comments:

Post a Comment