Sunday, February 3, 2013

True Love--Beth Trissel


"This was love at first sight, love everlasting: a feeling unknown, unhoped for, unexpected-in so far as it could be a matter of conscious awareness: it took entire possession of  him, and he understood, with joyous amazement, that this was for life." ~ Thomas Mann, on Romance
"I think we dream so we don't have to be away from one another.  If we're each other's dreams, we'll always be together."  ~ Hobbes, on Romance, as in Calvin and Hobbes.
"Love won't be tampered with, love won't go away, Push it to one side and it creeps to the other." 
Louise Erdrich, on Romance
Cover for the Lady and the Warrior“And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien
“Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale.” ~ Unknown
"It seemed to her that truly loving anyone incurred a great deal of risk to one’s heart. And if she were parted from him now, the memory of him would go with her all of her days…a painful ghost." 
~ Charity in my Native American historical romance novel, Red Bird's Song
My 'Somewhere in Time' Series--Beth Trissel"An irrational jealousy twanged a jarring note in Julia. In the space of a few short minutes she’d fallen in love with the man in the portrait—typical of her impractical nature and unlikely to advance her nonexistent love life. And yet, she couldn’t help plunging into this sweet madness."
 ~ Julia in my ghostly time travel romance novel, Somewhere My Love
"...Your father would shoot me if he were still alive. And your brother may yet have that chance.”
"Shhhh…” She cupped her cool hands to his battered face and covered his lips in a tender kiss…soothing him with her love like a healing balm.
~ Jeremiah from my colonial American historical romance novel, Enemy of the King
The_Bearwalkers_Daughter_Cover3"Lusting after Karin was bad enough. Falling in love with her—out of the question. Out of the question, he repeated to himself, and at odds with his independent nature." 
~ Jack from my historical-paranormal romance novel The Bearwalker's Daughter
"That someone worthy of her vaulted regard should esteem her in return was joy unbounded. True love seemed more than she dared to hope for from Corwin, but affection…"
~Dimity from my historical romance novella A Warrior for Christmas
"In a careful hand he wrote, My dear Madame, uncertain how else to address Dimity. By the light of a thousand sunrises and countless full moon circles I grew into the warrior called Black Hawk. I do not know how to become the man named Corwin Whitfield, nor if I wish to be…" ~Corwin from A Warrior for Christmas
somewhere_my_lass_final1 (1)"The meeting between them was brief, but she’d not forgotten the tingle shimmering through her at the touch of his hand on hers, or the heat of his eyes.  Infinitely much had changed between them since that initial childhood encounter––she but a lass and Niall not yet grown.  Though she’d loved him even then."
~Mora from Scottish Time Travel Romance novel, Somewhere My Lass
"He strove for control as his lips answered, lightly at first. Then molten waves washed over him and the four elements within him wrestled in tremendous upheaval; the Earth shuddered and groaned, rushing Wind whipped desire through him, Fire enflamed him, and passionate Rain drummed him with rising want like flood waters. Catching her to him, he pressed his mouth over hers far harder than he’d intended."
~ Shoka from my Native American Historical romance novel, Through the Fire
"Her eyes flew open. “That’s not true! I love—” she halted in mid-flow, unwilling to make that momentous declaration. “I mean—oh, damn it all.”~ Rebecca from Through the Fire
"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give you forever."― Nicholas Sparks
“I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.”
― Jane AustenPride and Prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment