Thursday, January 12, 2012

Some People Like Peanut butter Pie, Some Don’t


In the South, luscious diet-busting peanut butter pie is the pride of local eateries. Especially the small mom and pop sorts of diners and restaurants.  If you can call Fat Boys Pork Palace a restaurant.  Folks drive over the twisted roads through the Allegheny Mountains to savor the peanut butter pie at Fat Boys.  And our favorite little diner, Thomas House, in the nearby town of Dayton makes wonderful pies of all sorts, but peanut butter is the best ever.
However, to my amazement, a good friend of mine, a transplant from the Midwest,  doesn’t adore it.  Won’t even allow a creamy bite passed her lips. How can this be,  I ask myself?  She also doesn’t like the peanut butter cookies with the Hershey’s Kisses in the center either.  Practically my favorite kind.  But she does love peanut butter, so that’s not it.  Go figure.
All of which brings me to my point–yes, I have one.  People vary wildly in their likes and dislikes, which is a factor I need to bear in mind when I get bad reviews. Outlandish as that may seem, I sometimes do.  I know, boggles the mind.
No, I can’t give you Fat Boy’s  or Thomas House peanut butter pie recipes because they guard them with their lives.  *My daughter has a T-shirt that says, ‘I pigged out at Fat Boy’s Pork Palace.’

No comments:

Post a Comment