Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thankfulness

Autumn leaves on maple tree near green rye field on our farm in the Shenandoah Valley
On this fine Thanksgiving, I am thankful for my precious husband, family, and friends, including the furry ones. I'd add 'feathered' friends but the geese don't actually like me. I should get some ducks. I'm grateful to live on a farm in the beautiful, richly historic, Shenandoah Valley where my ancestors were among the earliest settlers. I'm surrounded by fields, meadows, wooded hills, mountains, and my slumbering gardens which will awake this spring and burst forth. Though I may need to toss more seed around and put in new plantings if the winter is too cold. Such is gardening. Still, I'm always delighted by what does survive--except for the weeds. For all its challenges, I love country life. (Image above taken by daughter Elise behind our farm)
farm-pond-and-wooded-hills-behind
(The farm pond with wooded hills behind taken by me earlier this fall)
Being a prolific author, I must include how grateful I am for a lively imagination, writing skills, an excellent editor, and publishing company. I am grateful for The Wild Rose Press. I recently finished a ghostly time travel romance entitled Somewhere My Lady, for my Somewhere in Time series, that will come out in the new year. As of yesterday, I am at work on a new paranormal/time travel for this series. With writing, and reading, you can travel all over the place and not leave your couch, chair, bed...Inspiration is all around me.
"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice." ~Meister Eckhart
What we're really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving? ~Erma Bombeck, "No One Diets on Thanksgiving," 26 November 1981
Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action. ~W.J. Came


No comments:

Post a Comment