Thursday, September 15, 2016

#NewRelease! Love, Betrayal, and The American Revolution--The Traitor's Legacy Box Set!

The Traitor's Legacy Series Box Set.jpg1
To say the American Revolution captivates me is almost an understatement. I've been intrigued by colonial America, both the frontier (think The Last of the Mohicans) and, especially, the revolution, ever since I can remember. Not only because of research into family genealogy, although that pointed me there. I've long been engrossed. Such a dramatic time period, so much happening on many fronts. Not dry-as-old-bones stuff, but enthralling, vivid, and vital. OK, so they wore funny looking wigs. Not all did. Thomas Jefferson wore his own hair, among others. Even so, that doesn't negate this amazing era.
Never before, or since, has there been such a gathering of brilliant minds intent on creating a new country, unlike any in the history of civilization. The exalted list includes: George WashingtonJohn AdamsThomas JeffersonJames MadisonAlexander HamiltonJames Monroe and Benjamin Franklin. (This is where I casually mention my kinship to James Madison.) These men didn't always agree, but they came together to pull off the unimaginable, with help from some courageous wives, like Abigail Adams, and countless others who played their part.
Spies, intrigue, cunning, and betrayals are all going on behind the battles. The most infamous traitor of all, Benedict Arnold, inspired book two in my Revolutionary War series and the title--Traitor's Legacy. When I wrote award-winning historical romance novel, Enemy of the King, I didn't realize two more novels would follow. Yes, people also fell in love back then. I have that straight from the lips of one of the historians who assisted me in my research. A little paranormal crept into the stories, as it tends to with me, but the history is there!
New Release! The Traitor's Legacy Series Box Set. Available from all online booksellers. The novels are in print at Amazon and The Wild Rose Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment