Thursday, June 19, 2014

“I want to see mountains again, Gandalf! Then find somewhere quiet I can finish my book.” ~Bilbo


Path through the enchanted forest
I’m working on my latest novel, Traitor’s Curse. the sequel to Traitor’s Legacy, due out in August. And Traitor’s Legacy is the sequel to award-winning historical romance novel, Enemy of the King. Think the drama and romance of the American Revolution, spies, coded letters, intrigue and above all, romance. More on that soon. Meanwhile, some fitting quotes for my writing journey from The Fellowship of the Ring.
154124078
(Think I could write here. Few interruptions.)
“It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.” ~Bilbo
“I want to see mountains again, Gandalf, mountains, and then find somewhere where I can rest. In peace and quiet, without a lot of relatives prying around, and a string of confounded visitors hanging on the bell. I might find somewhere where I can finish my book..” ~Bilbo (The full quote)
Misty autumn woods
“If you’re referring to the incident with the dragon, I was barely involved.” ~Gandalf  (I keep wanting to include a dragon, but I’m writing a historical with only a touch of paranormal. I just can’t keep away from ghosts. Not entirely.)
“The road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the road has gone, and I must follow if I can.” ~Bilbo (So must I.)
Path through old trees
“I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” ~Arwen (Fitting quote for a romance author)
“Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of the world.” ~Gandalf (Indeed there are)
“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” ~Galadriel (I believe this. I truly do.)
“Not all those who wander are lost.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring (I sort of know where I’m going in this story. But must listen well or the muse may flee. Fickle muse.)
Fairy woman walking in the woods
“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”  ~ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
Very wise. I write, garden, love my people and my furbabies, pray for world peace…write some more. Watch too many instant videos. Stall for time. Back to writing. I’ve tried waiting for the elves to do it, but no matter how long I sleep, novels are never finished by morning. Although I might have a very helpful dream. Even meet new characters.
“For even the very wise cannot see all ends.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring (But I’m trying my darnedest to figure out this ending.)
469531411“The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.”
~J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
Onward ho.
Path to magical forest
“Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring (Duly noted)
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.”
~ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
And Beth shall finish her book, eventually.
*Royalty free images from Thinkstock

No comments:

Post a Comment