Monday, July 4, 2011

“But he that dares not grasp the thorn Should never crave the rose.”~Anne Bronte



“The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.”
*Roses from my garden
“You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. You are responsible for your rose.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
"I’d rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck."  ~Emma Goldman
"To be overcome by the fragrance of flowers is a delectable form of defeat."  ~Beverly Nichols
“A single rose can be my garden…a single friend, my world.”

“Perfumes are the feelings of flowers.”
 ~Heinrich HeineThe Hartz Journey

“Give me odorous at sunrise a garden of beautiful flowers where I can walk
undisturbed.”

“I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers.”
“A profusion of pink roses bending ragged in the rain speaks to me of all gentleness and its enduring.”  ~The Collected Later Poems of William Carlos Williams

‘”People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us.”

No comments:

Post a Comment